Sunday, July 30, 2006

Some Videos

These are some videos I made a while ago. Nothing serious, I was fooling around with my camera's "video" button, and just recently posted them to Youtube. I expect that in the future I'll be more often using video on this blog, don't worry they'll be of a higher quality! Press play on the screen to watch the video, obviously. All the clips are just 15 seconds or so.

- The Bund - this is taken from the crowded viewing plaza of the Bund. On my side are the buildings on turn-of the-20th-century banks, on the other side of the river are the turn-of-the-21st-century skyscrapers. Check out the huge crowds. This is about as crowded as Shanghai gets.



- Suzhou's Taoist Temple of Mystery - the scene in front of the temple on a lazy Sunday. I turn a 360 and it can perhaps induce motion sickness, but I think it give a good feel for what it's like.



- Happy Avenue - as a warning, this is basically a bunch of noise, serving as the end of a song. The band was actually pretty cool, if inconsistent.



- Shangai Rapping - To the best of my knowledge, Shanghainese can't rap. Give it a look and see if you agree.

No comments: