Saturday, February 10, 2007

Some thoughts

This blog is getting a little too expat-ish over the last few weeks. I don't think anybody who isn't an expat cares about the lifestyle, and there's plenty of other blogs that cover the topic, so I'll consciously be avoiding it in the future. Relapses are inevitable, of course!

While I enjoy posting about foreign places, maybe I've done it a little too much with regards to India. I enjoy travelling within Asia, and I'll continue to write about it. But I'll try to spread out these postings, rather than post them one after the other.

I took a few hundred shots with my Canon Ixus 850 last weekend. Mostly I was happy with the results, and it's very fast and pocketable, which were the main reasons I bought it. Still, I don't think I'll be using it in more "serious" situations.

I ran across Photoethnography.com the other day. Have a look at the amazing galleries with commentary, I also enjoyed her fetishism of old cameras. Along with Boston 1775, these are definitely the models of how I hope to improve my writing and photography.

Finally, Chinese New Year's is coming up. Basically it's a collosal waste of time, with no work, no Chinese teachers, and almost everybody I know out of town. My god. I'd be headed to the US, but my sister's wedding in Honolulu is just a few months away.

No comments: